December 25, 2011

Christmas Week Wrap Up

In the past week:

I've had a busy week at work, wrapping everything up for the year. There is no pressure like the pressure one puts on oneself when trying to disconnect for a whole 17 days. In order for the disconnect to happen, lots more things need to be wrapped up than initially come to mind.



Thankfully, I was able to get to a really good ending point for the year & the first three days of no work email have been less painful than I thought they would be.

Yep, you read that right - I turned off my work email on my phone - so the goal is to not check it until Monday, Jan. 9th when I return to the office. I'll let you know how that goes.

After receiving a facial by my friend, Julie & a mani/pedi with my mom & sister, I feel ready to board the plane to Hawaii. Oh yeah, I just have to pack. Yet here I sit, blogging on my iPad w/my sweet new wireless keyboard (thanks Dad & Terri!)

On Friday Cory & I went on our 4th Annual Bonefish & Christmas light date night. The dinner & conversation were better than ever. Instead of our usual booth, we sat big-city booth style at a little two topper, half being a long booth shared by many parties & the other half chairs. It was a nice change up.

I made it through Christmas Eve & Day with my sweet, crazy, chaotic, lovable family. It was quite possibly one of the best Christmases yet.




So I plan to polish off the glass of Christmas wine (thanks Erica!) that I just poured myself, pick up my husband from work & let the packing begin!


I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! We'll be boarding our planed at 6 am - wish me luck on the packing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment