January 15, 2012

Welcome to the World Briggs!

Morgan told me that she was pregnant with her second baby like this:


It was the cutest thing ever. I had just (barely) made it back from a conference in Chicago & was focused on getting to a friend's rehearsal dinner (as a bridesmaid, you're sort of expected to be there). I was so focused
on what I needed to get done that it totally flew under my radar. I was so THRILLED when I finally took notice!

Morgan was due the end of January, the 29th to be exact. We found out that she was having another baby boy (it was the first sonogram I had ever been in, in fact & I cried - it was amazing). We also found out that we would definitely be on vacation in Hawaii until the first full weekend of January. Issue.

Thankfully Morgan was scheduled to be full-term the day after we got back. And although she had a difficult pregnancy, we were obviously hoping for her to give birth to a healthy, full-term baby. 

And....

We got back Saturday afternoon & received a text from my mom at 5:30 am on Monday morning, January 9th saying that Morgan was in the hospital! 


She officially went in to labor that afternoon. And to the hosiptal I went - awaiting the birth of my second nephew!


Aren't these the sweetest little shoes?


After a tough labor (fitting for a tough preganancy)...

Welcome to the world Mr. Briggs Jonathan Jarvis! Weighting in at 7.83 lbs & 18.5 inches, you are precious & so loved. 

 

Thank you for waiting for me to come back from vacation. I owe you one, little guy.

Brodie's first look at his very own baby brother. : )


Morgan & the family are at home & doing well.

Our family has been very blessed with these two beautiful boys & Cory & I plan to spend 2012 & beyond enjoying as many moments with them as we can.



4 comments:

  1. Congrats! So exciting!

    Melissa
    miss-melissa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks & I'm glad you stopped by my blog Melissa! I love yours!

    ReplyDelete