Chili Cheese Dog Casserole

If you know me well, you know that cooking is not necessarily my forte. I follow recipes to a T, but even then things have gone south. It's not hard for me to screw up in the kitchen.

Thankfully, I married a man who enjoys cooking. I love this about my husband. However, it does not help my cooking handicap because I am never forced to provide a meal.

So every now & then I like to put my sous chef hat up & take over in the kitchen, which is what I did yesterday. I made chili cheese dog casserole, which was surprisingly less than 320 calories per serving. The trick is to stick to one serving. : )

Since it was just the two of us for lunch, I adjusted the quantity of ingredients & size of pan from the original recipe that I found on this blog (thanks to Pinterest, of course): http://thatchbo.blogspot.com/2010/06/chili-dog-casserole.html

1 can Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans
1 package of turkey dogs (you'll use six dogs)
6 low-carb tortillas (the fajita sized ones)
1/2 package shredded cheddar cheese (package is 8 oz.)
1/2 Diced White Onion
*Ingredient we'll add next time - Jalepenos

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Spread 1/2 can of chili in the bottom of a 8x8 inch baking dish. Roll up franks inside tortillas and place in baking dish, seam side down, on top of chili and beans.


Top with remaining can of chili, cheese & onions.


Cover baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Add extra onions (and jalepenos) after removing dish from oven.

Tada! This size makes six servings.

It was so fool proof & fun to make that even a wanna-be chef like me couldn't screw it up. I hope you try this & enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram