Happy One Year to Days I Can't Get Over!

One year ago today I created my blog, "Days I Can't Get Over", which I named after a line in one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard. Listen to "Endlessly" by Green River Ordinance here (FYI - I did not make this YouTube video) & read my very first post here

I love to write and have had a passion for it since I can remember. When I was just a kid, I would spend many days at my grand parents' computer, typing up what I pretended to be my novel. 

I beam w/happiness when friends tell me that they read my blog, because that's just so cool. When you put something out into the universe, it's nice to know it was noticed, even if just by a few. And it's even better when someone says they they love reading it, because I know how it is to get hooked on a blog.

So today I want to post about the blogs that originally inspired me to start blogging regularly & help push me to keep improving. I check these babies daily, so fair warning - you may get hooked too!



This adorable site JUST got a face lift last week. It's a great little style blog, that includes details of Julia's life from time to time. 



Formerly titled Three's a Crowd, until the Moore's welcomed their sweet baby boy, Henry into their lives earlier this year. I met Ali through Junior League of Wichita last year & instantly fell in love with her blog, style & photos - which is why she is taking our family pictures tomorrow! A post on that to come...

Lately she's written a lot about life w/Henry, but make sure you scroll through some of her older posts too, because her pictures are gorgeous. She makes every day life look peaceful, preppy & perfect.

PS - Ali is a super cool & nice chick, which makes reading about her life even more fun.




This site is "a guide for defining your style, reinventing your space and entertaining with ease" and is so popular that Emily also published a book of the same title. She has such inspiring personal & decor style and I never get bored with her posts because I don't know what's coming next. 

One of my favorite things that Emily does is a Five Things post nearly every Friday, which showcases five of her favorite things from the past week. Read her last Five Things post, here.

 My 2012 goal was to write at least one blog a week & I'm right on track to meet that goal by the end of the year. Next year I want to step my game up & blog three times a week, especially since I will want to share my Colorado adventure. Also, as you can tell, I really love personal style & blogs about it, so expect to see more of that incorporated into Days I Can't Get Over in the future. 

And who knows, maybe a face lift is in store for us here too!

1 comment:

Instagram