October 11, 2012

Life on 10/11/12

To say that our life has been a little hectic lately is an understatement.

Since I last posted (over two weeks ago - that's how crazy it's been) we've:

- Hosted a Fall Party to celebrate w/our loved ones in our first home, one last time.

This is one of my favorite pictures from the evening, at the end of the night.


- Sold Cory's F150 Truck, Toby Keith (don't ask).


- Celebrated sweet Madalynn's 3rd Birthday. 


- Traveled to Oklahoma to purchase a 4Runner and returned from Oklahoma, sans a 4Runner.

Which means, in addition to everything else that we have going on, we are a one car family at the moment.

- Traveled to Austin for Cory & friends to compete in the Tough Mudder.

Before


During - Yuck!


After



- Packed up & moved.

Which required some caffeine..


And stairs..


And lifesaving friends..


And a little supervision.


Some playtime didn't hurt either!


- Said our final "good bye" to our first home.



- Closed on the house!


- And CELEBRATED!


We got an amazing couple's massage & had dinner at Bonefish, which consisted of:

Martinis (me) & Beer (him)
Bang Bang Shrimp
Surf & Turf Sushi Rolls
Chicken & Shrimp Pad Thai
Brownie & Ice Cream - YUM!

And this is just all of the out of the ordinary stuff that we've had on our plate. We still did plenty of: work, running, spending time w/family, having wine & DVR nights, book clubbing, chili cook-offing...

So needless to say, I've been a very busy girl. 

To wrap up the week, Holiday Galleria  starts tonight! I'm on a committee that has been hard at work since the summer to promote this event & we're about to see all of our hard work pay off! Since this is the top thing to do in Wichita this weekend, you must come! 

And then there's that little thing called The Prairie Fire Half Marathon that we're doing on Sunday. For those of you who are asking how my training has been going: I haven't done a long run in three weeks, so my longest was 10.5 miles. I have been keeping up with my short weekly runs, except for this week. I am ready for the 1/2 to be here & done, but feeling confident that I can do it! : )

At this point, I'm looking forward to life slowing down, just a little bit. But what is it, if not a crazy ride?


Enjoy your 10/11/12!



No comments:

Post a Comment