February 8, 2013

Willpower - Month One

My word of 2013 is willpower. If you haven't read about this yet, you can do so here.

So how am I doing after one month? Here is the report: 

Goal #1 - Weight

On an average, I've been hitting the gym 4.6 times a week & mostly in the early mornings before work. As always, our schedule was a bit hectic this past month, with Cory training in Denver one full week & me traveling back to Wichita for a week, but that just made me realize how important it is to stick to a schedule as much as possible. And when I can't - I have to improvise. 

The best news is that I'm solidly down 5 pounds! I hope to drop 5 more this month too.

Overall Goal - Something like this.



Goal # 2 - Church

Luckily we stumbled upon a church our very first Sunday here & it truly fits our needs. With Cory's work schedule we've missed the past two Sundays, but have joined a small group that meets once a week, so we're counting that as getting our weekly church outing.



Though I must say, I love the habit of getting up for church on Sundays. It just ends & starts my week off right. 

Goal # 3 - Blogging

If you follow my blog you can see that I blogged 10 times last month, more than I've ever blogged in one month to date. So I would say, this goal is off to a good start!

Goal #4 - Reading

This one is such an easy one for me, since I love reading. I finished 4 books in January, and since my goal is 20 this year, I think it's safe to say that I have this one in the bag. 

If you want to know what I'm reading or need a recommendation, check out my reading list, here

Goal # 5 - Work

My goal of increasing our brand awareness in Northern CO is off to a good start! Our survey is out, I've had lots of meetings & gotten to know several people in the community. I even got to attend my first CSU game, court side, thanks to my job!



Goal # 6- Writing a Book

An ultimate life goal of mine, it is so hard to get started because I want every word to be perfect. I did make a conference call with Krissy Gasbarre, author of How to Love an American Man (read my post about her & the book, here) regarding how to begin writing a book with intentions of it being published, as well as jot down a few opening paragraphs. 

Work in progress. 

Goal # 7 - Dogs

We haven't been on very many walks yet, but we have been on our fair share of dog park outings. Plus, our dogs go everywhere with us now. It's a Colorado thing, I think. : )

Need to work on getting these babies out more!

Goal # 8 - Being Present

This is a daily challenge for me. The devotional that I'm reading this year is the same one I read last year after my friend, Lindsay recommended it  - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young & it continues to put this concept in front of me, which is such a good reminder.



Goal # 9 - Mom & Sister

We FaceTimed a lot when I first got here, but as life picked up, we're down to about once a week. I need to work harder at initiating communication, though it was great to spend time with them when I was back in Wichita. 

When I'm with my sister, no matter what we're doing, I feel at home & at peace. : )

Goal #10 - Being Kind

There are days when I've succeeded at this (though it was challenging at times) & there are days that I failed. I will say - I always feel more satisfied on the days when I choose to succeed at being kind.

1 comment:

  1. So many things to comment about this time!

    1. Great job on your goals for 2013 - I'm impressed!
    2. I love the devotional Jesus Calling too. My friend gave it to me and what a blessing!
    3. Dying to know what you want to write your book about. :)

    ReplyDelete