April 23, 2013

"Our Song"

*Note to the reader: This post is a tad bit sappy. Read with caution.

Do you and your partner have a song that you identify as "yours?" It's a silly trend that started (for me) way back in middle school, but sort of stuck.

The other evening while we were cooking dinner we had the Pandora blasting, as usual and "our song" came on. It wasn't the song that we danced to at our reception or even one that was being sung during our ceremony, it was one that we had chosen on a desserted dirt road, late one Friday night in high school.

Side note - Mom, yes, that was probably one of the nights I came home pasted my curfew. But it all worked out, right?



When "our song" came on the other night I had to smile a little because I realized that the words were so so much truer today than they were back then. And that, my friends, is a sweet feeling.

It's Your Love (by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill)

Dancing in the dark

Middle of the night
Taking your heart
Holding it tight
Emotional touch
Touching my skin
Askin' you to do
What you've been doing 
All over again
Oh, it's a beautiful thing
Don't think I can keep it all in
I've just gotta let you know
What it is that won't let me go



It's your love
Just does something to me
Sends a spark right through me
I can't get enough
And if you wonder
'Bout the spell I'm under
It's your love



Better than I was
More than I am
All of that happened
By taking your hand
Who I am now
Is who I've wanted to be
Now that we're together
Stronger than ever, happy and free
Oh, it's a beautiful thing
Don't think I can keep it all in
And if you ask me why I'll change
All I gotta do is say your sweet name



It's your love
Just does something to me
Sends a shock right through me
Can't get enough
And if you wonder
'Bout the spell I'm under
It's your love



No comments:

Post a Comment