Life's Not Always Fair

I may have mentioned before, but for the past two years I've been reading a daily devotion by Sarah Young called, "Jesus Calling." A friend that I look up to very much recommended it to me, and since then I've found that many of the women in my life are reading this particular devotional each day. It's that powerful. 


(Haha - I had to.)

I just have to share today's message with you, because I bet that it's been oh-so-relevant for us all at one time or another in our lives. 

Young writes, "Do not expect to be treated fairly in this life. People will say and do hurtful things to you, things that you don't deserve. When someone mistreats you, try to view it as an opportunity to grow in grace. See how quickly you can forgive the one who has wounded you. Don't be concerned with setting the record straight. Instead of obsessing about other people's opinions of you, keep your focus on Me. Ultimately, it is My view of you that counts."

While I'm not currently going through a situation like this, I can remember many times in my past that I have been. Whether you are a believer or not, I believe this message is so true. We can't control what others say or think of us and, honestly, it is none of our business! What IS our business is to be true to ourselves, and to choose grace. 

Recently I was faced with a choice when exiting a situation. Encouraged by my dad to handle the challenge with grace, I did so, and I feel so great about it. I was able to walk away from a stressful situation with a smile on my face, a clear conscious and a peaceful heart. 

More on this to come...

Have a great Monday and choose grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram