Taking a Moment

Last heavy post of the week, I promise. But truth be told, this year has been a bit heavy for me. Not necessarily in a bad way, just in a heavy way. Lots of changes have taken place - states, jobs, downsizing from a house to an apartment, etc.

Adding one more item to this list is my new status as a Stay At Home Wife. Let me elaborate.

 I graduated with an integrated marketing communications degree in 2009 and held a couple of marketing internships before that. After graduation one of those internships turned into a full time job, which took me down the road of sales. Unemployment took me OFF that road, and back into marketing I went. Three years and another state later, I've found myself feeling really unfulfilled and lacking passion for the financial industry.

I began to dread going to the office every day. I had trouble sleeping and eating (which, is kind of a big deal for me - I'm truly a natural at both of these things). I couldn't "leave work at work".

You see, that's not okay with me.

I struggled with the decision to leave my good on paper, comfortable job with a decent paycheck. I knew that I didn't have it as bad as some people, but I also knew that I didn't LOVE what I was doing with my life. And ultimately, that argument won out.

So I'm taking some time. Time to do some soul searching. Time to really think about the direction of my life. Time to recharge.


(Photo credit to our friend, Stefan Choquette Photography)

And honestly, I'm feeling pretty awesome about it. Obviously, I plan to return to the working world as soon as I have it all "figured out", but for now I'm enjoying having extra free time to do what I want.

So far this has consisted of: going to barre every morning, walking the dogs, networking, sometimes getting in two work outs a day (holla), organizing our apartment, looking for a new place to move next month when our lease is up, blogging, soul searching, catching up with people that I love - I talk to my sister and best friend almost daily, reading, cooking, job searching and more.

The funny thing is that I know of a handful of people who have chosen to do this too this year. Is it an epidemic of non-settlers? Have we decided that won't spend 40 hours a week doing something that we don't love because life's too short?

Whatever it is, I just wanted to share this little (BIG) part of my life with you all this month. Now whatever we're doing, let's have a fabulous November!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram