In thirty weeks I will be 30 years old. Another decade under my belt. A new era in my life.
Really though, I'm pretty pumped about this milestone birthday. And true to my Type A-self I have begun the preparations. In the next 30 weeks I aspire to check off the following list, in no particular order:
1. Take Surf Lessons
2. Write the First Chapter
3. Be a Better Listener*
5. Hit Class 200 at Pure Barre
6. DIY Some Shit
7. Do a Back Handspring
8. Play an April Fool's Joke
10. Read One Book Each Three Weeks*
11. Pay Off One Specific, Irritating Debt
12. Purchase My First Piece of Real Art (not from Bed, Bath and Beyond)
13. Create a Vision Board
14. Be More Organized*
15. Walk Dogs Daily*
16. Understand Diabetes Care
17. Continue Cory's Grandma's Wreath Tradition
18. Commit to Yoga for 30 Days Straight
19. Create a Morning Routine*
20. Figure Out Where My Time Goes and Adjust According to Priorities
21. Start a Special Tradition w/Each of My Favorite Babies - Brodie, Madalynn, Briggs, Braylie and Zoey
22. Photo Storage - Figure It Out
24. Get More Writing Published
25. Keep Consistent Gratitude Journal*
26. Clean Up Social Media Accounts (Hello, 2004!)
27. Visit Another Hawaiian Island
28. Elevate Mindfulness*
29. Entertain More
30. Conquer a Fear
* Highlights a habit
Think you may have seen something like this from me before? You're right. Check out my original post from 2013: http://alifewithluster.blogspot.com/2013/10/30-by-30.html
So...have you read The Secret? I haven't focused on any of these goals over the past two years, but somehow I've managed to cross almost half of them off of my list. Isn't it amazing what we can accomplish once we put it out into the universe?
List Created in 2013:
1. Write a book.
3. Learn how to surf.
4. Be a better listener.
7. Try my hand at styling, starting with friends.
8. Learn photography basics.
9. Then learn photoshop basics.
11. Become a better cook, including overcoming my fear of chicken.
13. Practice yoga regularly.
15. Blog - Find my niche, even if that niche is just writing to update my friends & family.
17. Pay more attention to men's fashion, for Cory's sake.
18. Think of ways to be a cool aunt.
19. Deepen my knowledge and appreciation for craft beer. (Yes, this is a real goal people.)
20. Complete a mini-triathalon.
21. Have my writing published in a magazine.
26. Become a better snowboarder.
27. Smile & look strangers in the eye.
28. Create more traditions.
29. Pay down our debt (student loans I've got my eye on you).
30. Finish what I start, or don't start it.
There ya have it, folks! I'm back to blogging and hope that if you know me or like what I'm doing that you'll follow along.