January 21, 2017

The Lost Years




Okay so this title is a bit dramatic, but I'm sitting here realizing that I've posted for a grand total of six times in the last three years. Insert grimace face emoji. 

It makes me sad that I can't go back and reminisce about what was going on in my life during this period of time. I mean, thankfully I'm no stranger to Instagram so I could probably piece it together if I really wanted to - cancel the SOS. But seriously, how did people remember anything before the internet?!?!

So I thought I would ease back into a Life with Luster by creating a quick post of what the last three years of life have looked like for me. And in case you care for a refresher, here's where I really left off. 

Our first year in Colorado (2013) was filled with a lot of uncertainty (again, see post linked above), but after that we slowly found our place and began to feel that we were right where we belonged. Over the next three years we really made Colorado our home and feel that moving to Fort Collins was the best decision we've made in our married life. Here's why:

1. We absolutely love everything this state offers: snowboarding (we got season passes each year until I got pregnant), breweries galore (I think our current count in Fort Collins is 22), spending weekends in the mountains, healthy living (it's hard to believe I once laughed at the idea of buying organic), hiking (even in the winter), endless road trip options, RED ROCKS (concerts, movies, yoga - oh my!), the fact that there is basically a brunch spot on every corner and of course we love the friends we've met here. 

2. We gave ourselves the space we needed to grow into ourselves and to grow up. 

So what else have we been up to in the last three years? Well, let me work backward:

We...hosted lots of family and friends which brought so much joy to our hearts

We...brought a human named Remi into the world (which I plan to write about a lot, I promise!)

We...traveled here and there (Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, New York, Missouri, Arkansas, Wyoming, Cancun Mexico plus others I'm probably leaving out) AND road-tripped all around Colorado (Estes Park, Keystone, Manitou Springs, Breckenridge, Telluride, Steamboat Springs...)

We...celebrated six years of marriage

We...lost our sweet black lab, Natty who was nine and Cory's grandma

We...began a Dave Ramsey's style mission to pay off all of our debt

We...bought a condo

We...climbed 14ners (okay, I only did one but Cory did multiple!)

We...got a niece!

We...entered into our 30's

We...worked. A lot. 


And I'm sure there's so much more I'm leaving out.

As much as I regret not being better at recording the last four years of life in Colorado, I'm excited for a fresh start in 2017. I hope to keep this little space up more and share our adventures through life as new parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment